For Sale and Accessories and Upgrades

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Re: For Sale: Rotax 914 Motor Mount...

Post by Clark in AZ »

Clark in AZ wrote:Hello, I've got a brand new motor mount for my SuperSTOL that I am not using. It is painted black by the factory. I installed it to keep it from getting damaged in the shop. Paid $1000 for it two months ago. I'm in Cave Creek, AZ (North Phoenix). Let me know if interested. I'm going with a Yamaha instead.

Clark
Mount has SOLD!
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
duc900mhr

Re: For Sale and Accessories and Upgrades

Post by duc900mhr »

Oratex 6000 white

46 meters (26m and 20m // 65.6' and 85.3' long, 1800mm // 5.9' wide)

bought it for a kit plane (Superstol), but sold everything due to health issues. Original price >$7,000, now for only $4,900 OBO. Can be shipped, or picked up in Austin/TX
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Post by CanadianSheepHunter »

CanadianSheepHunter wrote:
CanadianSheepHunter wrote:Dan Neal of Magnum Aviation in San Martin, CA, USA 403-930-5041. has one of these Superstol tail hole covers for keeping CO from being sucked in through the hole on bottom of tail and then getting vacuumed up to cockpit. I just ordered one. I thought I would pass it on as I can’t remember where on the forum I found the info then the guy I got ahold of gave me Dans #. Dan never made them, and Dan don’t own a Superstol, they were left in his shop when he started working there. Until I saw pics of it installed I thought it went inside the tail.

Apparently he only has one left now.
I received this today, the metal square for size reference, made from leather with Velcro on edges.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

The Velcro side, faces to the inside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Superstol door upgrade available on Billy Payne’s website, they are well made and glad I ordered them. You can get them with or without the upper window, the upper window is in these pics, I got mine powder coated, they are chrome moly and light.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Superstol custom doors that I ordered from Billy Payne’s website, with upper window option and had them powder coated, they are chrome moly. The upper window comes with piano hinge.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

This is the custom flap handle that I ordered from Billy Payne’s website, powder coated and the small flap bearings are an upgrade available on his website also, apparently these bearings really make the flap movement way smoother. The entire flap handle is aprox 30” long with a push button on front.
glenn mercer

Post by glenn mercer »

ivo prop medium for sale with hub and spinner for 912 110 hours $500.00 needs new tape,aircraft spruce sells it,text me at 603-234-6567
957DK
Seasoned Member

2015 Highlander for sale

Post by 957DK »

Hate to do it but my Highlander is for sale.

2015 Highlander with factory Alaska mod fuselage (beefed up fuselage and extreme gear), ttaf 115. Rotax 912ULS 100hp 15 hours total since new (Original 912ULS ate an exhaust valve at 100 hours. It was replaced with a new engine). Sensenich 3 blade ground adjustable prop 115 hours since new. Aircraft is setup and approved for night VFR operations. Aveo LED position/strobe lights. LED landing light. Plexiglas windscreen. Cabin heat via muffler heat muff.

Nice VFR panel includes a Garmin Aera 796 GPS, Dynon Flightdek D180, Garmin GTR225 Comm radio, Flightcom intercom, Trig TT22 mode S transponder provides ADS-B out. Garmin GDL39 dual frequency ADS-B receiver (weather and traffic data displayed on Aera 796). Ack E-04 406mhz ELT (Works great! Ask me how I know).

Honest, nice flying Highlander. Built to factory specifications with the exception of the windscreen and use of metal fuel lines. No corners were cut in the build of this aircraft.

Gross weight: 1320 lbs.
Empty weight: 750 lbs.
Fuel total: 26 gal (13 X 2)

Take a close look at the pics and contact me if you have any questions.

Asking $75,000 obo

Dan (612) two 21-7 two 99
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Has anyone made anything for locking/securing the stick for high winds when the plane is parked? Pics please.
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

Seatbelt?
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

danerazz wrote:Seatbelt?
I’ve tried the seatbelt think in my Chinook and had it get loose when I was gone working away from home for extended periods.
R Rinker
Veteran Member

Post by R Rinker »

In my experience, the rudder needs an exterior clamping type lock for bad winds. The forces on the rudder can be terrible, and securing the stick won't help the rudder. I've seen simple exterior locks for the ailerons, but never made any, just locked the controls. Locking the stick should be good enough for the elevator, but I don't know the best way to do it with your S.S. There must be some good ideas out there. I seen control systems destroyed by not having the control surfaces locked in a bad wind storm.
Rodger Rinker - Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

The Embraer 145 had a gust lock that just locked the yoke. They were having problems in the tail due to the elevator moving and pulling the cables in high winds, so they modified them to have an electromechanical system that inserted a pin in the linkage at the elevator. Way more complicated system but locked the surface instead of the yoke; a lot less stress on the system.

For the Highlander (not SS) I think you need something to lock the flaps as well. Gusty winds can hammer the flaps from behind. The Commander Lark (looks like a 172) had a similar flap system (cable pulls them down, springs pull them up) and I saw one that got totaled sitting on the ramp during a storm. The flaps hammered so much it totaled the wings.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

Return to “Just Aircraft”