Fisher, specifically FP-202 and Super Koala

For general discussion of the Fisher family of aircraft.
Includes: FP202, Super Koala, and others,
Raymond

Fisher, specifically FP-202 and Super Koala

Post by Raymond »

I want to build my own airplane. Years ago I took lessons in a Cub, and have a Private Licence a few dozen hours in my log book and an expired Third Class Medical (there is no reason I know of that I couldn't renew it). Looking at just the 202 it seems some people have been able to cut enough lightening holes and skimp with the silver and color coat to get them in at 254 with a two cylinder two stroke of 76 or so pounds. I'm okay with registering it as NX-something to get a sturdier ship that will hold up to use.

Right now needing a second seat isn't a consideration-- but in five years maybe I'd regret building a single seater. Either way it's going to be flyable with a driver's licence... A 202 might be* 500 gross and 250 useful, and a SK 740 gross and 390 useful. (I talked to someone in Ontario, and I get that they aren't going to guarantee what something They aren't building comes in at, but the one person I've conversed with about the SK says his weighs 500 pounds empty...)

Anyone out there ever build either? Or another Fisher product. They seem really friendly on the phone, is there a Canadian to US conversion ratio or is it all the same?
planecrazzzy
Site Admin

Re: Fisher, specifically FP-202 and Super Koala

Post by planecrazzzy »

I like the Fisher line of planes...I was thinking of the 303 once...I think the wings folded ?
The Weight and low power will close the gap between cruise and stall...
The bigger the gap , the safer it is.
My window with a Kolb Firestar II is about 35 mph between cruise and Stall (60-65 to 27)
I remember a guy that flew a wood plane with a light engine and his "Window" from
Cruise to stall was 15 mph... That's just scary to me.
My FSII comes in at about 425 lbs
My two concerns with wood were:
Keeping the constant Weather for the wood project and even later after flying.
The other is my main concern... Repairs
Did you know PLANS for the Kolb Ultra star .....I was going to say free
But now I see they want 200.... Maybe it's a different one that is free ?
http://www.kolbaircraft.com/UltraStar.htm

If you get going on yer Fisher... Lemme know and I'll squeeze a Specific Fisher section.
Where you can log progress...
Good luck choosing your project,
You better love it , cause you'll be spending a LOT of time with it.
THAT.... will keep you out of trouble.
Gotta Fly...
Sometimes you just have to take the leap
and build your wings on the way down...
                Gotta Fly...
planecrazzzy
Site Admin

Re: Fisher, specifically FP-202 and Super Koala

Post by planecrazzzy »

Just found this:
https://www.barnstormers.com/classified ... atid=23069

FISHER 202 PROJECT • $2,750 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Complete kit including zero time rotax 277. Please call with any questions. • Contact Larry Matthews , Friend of Owner - located Waterville, WA 98858 United States • Telephone: 8056109947 • Fax: 8056109947 • Posted April 4, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images
Sometimes you just have to take the leap
and build your wings on the way down...
                Gotta Fly...

Return to “Fisher Aircraft”