Long time wishful thinker in AZ

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
AzAce

Long time wishful thinker in AZ

Post by AzAce »

Hello All,

Having taking some tail dragger lessons (30hrs +/-) in a 1946 Aeronca 7AC, that wound up being unsafe to fly, owned by a CFI who couldn't afford to have the engine overhauled, I've gotten "the bug"!
Since then I've looked and looked and researched nearly every source online and decided that IF I could swing it I'd have a Highlander with a 150-180 HP Yamaha strapped to the front. High AZ summer temperatures make being aware of density altitude a necessity.
As it was, the Aeronca had an 85HP Continental and with the CFI and I plus 5 gallons of fuel our lessons out of necessity had to take place at first light when it was still cool outside.
With so much back country to explore here in the southwest the Highlander seems to fit my anticipated needs best for now.

AZ Ace
John
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Re: Long time wishful thinker in AZ

Post by Clark in AZ »

Great choice! Contact Steve Henry, he's the Highlander guy and can answer all your questions and order your kit. I am building a SuperSTOL in Cave Creek, not sure where you are located, but you can come check it out if you wish. I will be installing an Epex 300ti in it soon.

Clark
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ

Return to “Introductions”