Hello from Northern Virginia

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
AviatorKeith

Hello from Northern Virginia

Post by AviatorKeith »

My name is Keith. I'm a 47 year old television Engineer who's wanted to fly since I was like 19 but working two jobs and running a business didn't exactly allow time or money. Now I'm the proud owner of a 40 hour work week for the first time in my life and my free time hasn't been the same since I found out about the Sport Pilot program, which led me to EAA, which in turn led me to the Just Aircraft Escapade(I have a serious disdain for tailwheels. Don't judge me, I'll probably come around.) I'm here to research building my own LSA aircraft to learn to fly in and do my own maintenance annuals. It's an economic choice that will keep my wife from freaking out over the cost of this dream.

Some may ask, is it a mid life crisis? Some may ask is it my destiny? The real question is, will I be piloting my own plane by age 50? Try and stop me.
Pilots are a rare kind of human. They leave the ordinary surface of the world, to purify their soul in the sky, and they come down to earth, only after receiving the communion of the infinite.

— José Maria Velasco Ibarra, President of Ecuador

Return to “Introductions”