Autopilot Servo installations

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
mark

Autopilot Servo installations

Post by mark »

I sure could use some help in the form of pictures or tips on servo installations on Highlanders. Especially the roll servo. Thanks!
mark

Re: Autopilot Servo installations

Post by mark »

Thank you for all the useful information relating to servo installations.
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

It doesn't look like you got much information. For the first 7 months after you posted, the Forum was pretty much out of commission. :(

It's back up again. :D

Did you get them installed?
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Post by Clark in AZ »

Sorry, haven't been too active here for awhile. Here is a link to my blog - SuperSTOL - but it has some pics and info you might like to see. Hope it helps...

https://superstol512.blogspot.com/search?q=servo

Clark
mvastine

Post by mvastine »

I don't know if this will help but I just finished my roll servo install. I first tried to mount under the seat but couldn't figure out the mount. This location is perfect other than you have to relocate the tailwheel bracket. One the first attempt I thought I could mount a second pulley on the aileron location but the geometry isn't right so I had to use a bracket with adel clamps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mark

Post by mark »

Thank you very much for your installation pix! I wound up doubling the 2” pulleys…. Did not do final rigging yet.
LibertyFlyer

Post by LibertyFlyer »

I thought I would add my installation to this. I just finished my roll axis installation. I took a combination of the above ideas. I also doubled the 2" pulleys with a longer bolt. I bent up a .063 bracket for the Dynon servo. I shimmed the mixer down with 2ea x 4 penny washers because both cables were rubbing on the pulley sides (tops). I originally started with -2" turnbuckles but the eyes were too small. switched to the -3 identical to what is in the kit.
-Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Just Aircraft”