Baggage compartment covering

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
BlainS
Seasoned Member

Baggage compartment covering

Post by BlainS »

Planning baggage compartment covering. The drawing is based on the lower longeron. Fabric is new to me so I'm looking for validation of my plan.
_doc030985_001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FlyerChief
Veteran Member

Re: Baggage compartment covering

Post by FlyerChief »

That is correct.
Enjoy the fabric journey. It's tedious work as you cut around all of the tubes, tiedowns, tabs, and fairlead guides, then place reinforcement patches around them once each panel is installed, but there are few steps that make you appreciate the building process as much as fabric installation. It feels so great when the bare fuselage starts to look like an airplane as the fabric goes on! Your will likely find your confidence level and enthusiasm go up too.

I just finished covering my second Highlander, this time in Oratex. I enjoyed using the Stewart System a lot more, but I'm happy I don't have to paint this time.
Regards,
Dan
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ~Henry Ford
gkremers
Veteran Member

Re: Baggage compartment covering

Post by gkremers »

As Dan said...you have it correct. Here re a couple of pics
DSC_0161.JPG
DSC_0169.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
Gary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Just Aircraft”