When to order FWF?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
BlainS
Seasoned Member

When to order FWF?

Post by BlainS »

Can the fuselage be covered with out the components in the FWF kit?
danerazz
Veteran Member

Re: When to order FWF?

Post by danerazz »

Should not be a problem if you do the removable panels in the nose, but if you want fabric all the way to the firewall it is really handy to be able to reach through the sides.

I would not get the engine or any avionics until you NEED it. This stuff is just changing way too fast.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

danerazz wrote:Should not be a problem if you do the removable panels in the nose, but if you want fabric all the way to the firewall it is really handy to be able to reach through the sides.

I would not get the engine or any avionics until you NEED it. This stuff is just changing way too fast.

Yep!
Bruce Johnson Highlander # 393
"Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth"
Builder web site:
http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

If by fire wall forward kit you mean the Just kit; that includes the header tank and fuel lines. So here was my order of build. After I finished section 1 of the manual I completed the Items in section 3 that I knew would be difficult to access after covering. This included the fuel system up to the firewall. Then I covered my Highlander. No windshield or side panels yet. I then installed the engine and plumbing and avionics. Last were the windshield, side panels, and doors. AND I agree with Dane.....Everything is changing fast especially Avionics.

Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce Johnson Highlander # 393
"Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth"
Builder web site:
http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com
Tralika
Veteran Member

Post by Tralika »

Another reason to wait to order engine, avionics etc, is the warranty starts the day you buy it, not the day you install it. No reason to let the warranty run out while it's sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed. Just keep in touch with the manufacturer so you have an idea of the lead time for ordering things like engines. It could be as much as a couple of months depending on the circumstances.
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon
BlainS
Seasoned Member

Post by BlainS »

I got a better understanding of what Just considered FWF after a call to Buddy at the factory. I think I have a handle on it now. I agree with the posts about avionics. Although I wouldn’t rule out a used Skyview or Advanced 4500.

Return to “Just Aircraft”