Fraction Calculator App

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Tralika
Veteran Member

Fraction Calculator App

Post by Tralika »

This may be old news to many of you but I just came across a great Fraction Calculator App. My math skills are not great but I am pretty efficient at calculating fractions. Something I used a lot when building my kit plane. My wife recently asked me for some help with a project that involved adding several fractions. If she ever did know how to calculate fractions she lost that knowledge long ago. She asked me to show her how to add and subtract fractions so she could do it for herself in the future. It turns out I'm better at calculating fractions than I am teaching someone else how to do it. When I was done she said, "OK, sure I get it," but not very convincingly. I ended up looking for an App for her and found a good one. The app is called Fraction Calculator Plus, free Android on Google Store. This is a handy App, very simple to use. It will add, subtract, multiply and divide inches and fractions of an inch. After it gives the result, you have the option displaying the calculation so you can see steps involved. It also displays the result both in Fraction and in Decimal format to ten thousands of in inch. As I said, I'm pretty comfortable working with fractions but for something important, like cutting a part for my plane, I always write out the calculation and double check my work. I could have saved a lot of time using this calculator when I was building my plane. Try it, I bet you'll like it.
John Nealon
Wasilla, Alaska
Highlander Extreme #191
mykitlog.com/jnealon

Return to “Just Aircraft”