Roll Call

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
mhcrowder
Veteran Member

Roll Call

Post by mhcrowder »

Not sure how many folks are still here on WingsForum. I find it a much better place to document and archive information about our Escapades, Highlanders and SuperSTOLs. Seems like everyone has moved over to Facebook.

So, I thought I would put out a Roll Call on who's left here.
mhcrowder
Veteran Member

Re: Roll Call

Post by mhcrowder »

I'll be the first...

Michael Crowder with N371EM
N371EM_1080p.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tralika
Veteran Member

Post by Tralika »

I'm still here. I'm not crazy about facebook. I think is easier to use this forum, especially when searching for some specific info. I'm in the process of installing an Apex engine my highlander so I'm using the facebook Highlander/SS and Yamaha Aircraft Conversion pages now. I think many members left when the forum was inop for that extended period of time. Fortunately lots of good info is preserved here. Nice that there's still a few diehards that pop in from time to time.
John Nealon
kenryan
Veteran Member

Post by kenryan »

Tralika wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:05 pm I'm still here. I'm not crazy about facebook.
I'm here too. Sad that this forum has not recovered. It was really going strong when the gremlins hit. I hate facebook.
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

+1 for me, and I absolutely refuse to use Facebook.
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

And, yes, I miss how active this forum was. I got so much information off of here.

I have a “second” (non-experimental) plane as well and there is a very active forum for that. Not on Facebook.

I’ve never had a FB account and never will.
Johnny C!
Veteran Member

Post by Johnny C! »

I'm back.

My Trilander has been collecting dust in my
hanger for a few years. Working on a punch
list to get her back in the air. Tires, bungies,
rebuild the carbs, etc.

I'm glad the website is still up & running.

John
BDA
Veteran Member

Post by BDA »

I am still here, just not as much.

I will post some pictures and numbers from latest tests. New AOA with longer landing gear is exciting!!

Giant Flap project is progressing, had to beef up the wings and adjust the gaps.
KevinC
Veteran Member

Post by KevinC »

I'm still here, although not as much. 585 hrs and counting on my Highlander.

k
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BDA
Veteran Member

Post by BDA »

The Private message system here does not seem to be working. There are enough of us here in Alaska that we should get together.

I can host at my hay field or at my hanger at Kenai airport.

Give me a call
907-394-9344
kenryan
Veteran Member

Post by kenryan »

Shawn,

It's working for me. I got your message and responded. I'm not flying right now and getting ready to leave for the winter. But maybe in the spring ...

Ken
BDA
Veteran Member

Post by BDA »

Sounds good lets plan on May
Blain

Post by Blain »

I check in about once a week. I’m also disappointed it didn’t recover. Wealth of info here.
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

I'm still here, too. It took a while to get the Forum straightened out after the crashes that were caused by running on outdated software. We have the Forum stabilized now, and it's running on the latest software versions. A few images were lost during the upgrades, but the text information is intact, so we have about 18 years of builder experience documented.

I had no background as a forum admin, so getting things straightened out was quite a learning experience. I'm still a novice, but I found a good advisor, and things are running pretty smoothly.

Just Aircraft builders seem to be the only ones posting, now. I plan to mothball or eliminate many of the unused forums, and focus on our aircraft. I'm open to suggestions on how we can improve the site. If anyone is interested in being a moderator, I'd welcome the help.

As for my Highlander, I'm changing from the big-bore Rotax to a Yamaha Apex. I have two Apexes up at Casey Hauck's shop to be zero-timed. I'll be running the same system as Dennis Rowe: Ian Bange's harness with the DynoJet Power Commander fuel controller, exhausting through Steve's header.

I recently ordered Steve Henry's engine mount. When that arrives, I'll get it installed and lay out the firewall. Then we can complete the wiring and the myriad last 10% tasks.

I'm almost finished with the instrument panel, and I'll post information on that as soon as we complete it.

To make sure the fun never ends, I have a second Highlander kit on order; it will probably be delivered late next year.
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
BDA
Veteran Member

Post by BDA »

Maybe a few facebook posts with links to this forum to get it going again?? - As long as membership is moderated

There is a wealth of knowledge here that I think is unknown to most.

Return to “Just Aircraft”