Highlander Extreme Windshield

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
TangoKilo

Highlander Extreme Windshield

Post by TangoKilo »

I have a quick question...... With my Extreme windshield kit for my Highlander, I received two flat pieces of aluminum that are about 2" wide. One is for the windshield/sunroof capstrip and the other aluminum flat piece is the extension for the sunroof front windshield bracket. One piece is 4" shorter than the front windshield bracket, and the other piece will reach across to the outside edges of the butt ribs. The picture in the Extreme Build Guide shows that the front bracket and extension are the same length. So, I think I trim the longer one to match the length of the front bracket, and the other is the capstrip, since the wing root fairings will cover the winshield/sunroof seam at each end. Is this correct?
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Re: Highlander Extreme Windshield

Post by SheepdogRD »

No, that isn't correct. The 44" part is the capstrip. Your windshield bracket extension should be 36" long, not 32". Email me -- windshields@STOLbuilder.com -- and we'll get it fixed.
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.
TangoKilo

Re: Highlander Extreme Windshield

Post by TangoKilo »

Thank for responding and helping me get this taken care of. I really appreciate it! I will get the email sent.

Return to “Just Aircraft”