AV8R Paul’s SuperSTOL XL

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Re: AV8R Paul’s SuperSTOL XL

Post by AV8R Paul »

CoPilot side still need tapes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Horizontal Stabilizers, the leading Edge Cuffs made for a nice looking airfoil shape. Chris Wallen of Wllen Aircraft LLC is doing an Excellent job.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AV8R Paul
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

I think the Plum Crazy Purple & Oratex Silver go well together on my SuperSTOL. Chris of Wallen Aircraft LLC is moving along nicely with the Paint.
AV8R Paul
FredHoffman
Veteran Member

Post by FredHoffman »

What was the prep to the oratex to put paint on top of it?
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Wipe with a wax and grease remover then a tack rag. Then paint
FredHoffman wrote:What was the prep to the oratex to put paint on top of it?
AV8R Paul
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Chris of Wallen Aircraft LLC updated me. He posted some cool pictures of the wings in the sunlight. He also posted a picture of the fuselage taped with the paint Scheme.
AV8R Paul
moving2time
Veteran Member

Post by moving2time »

Looking good! Joe B
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

The accent color first coat on my SuperSTOL. Chris Wallen of Wallen LLC said he needs lightly sand the color coat and apply one more coat. I think the Plum Crazy Purple is going to stand out.
AV8R Paul
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Second coat of paint. Chris Wallen of Wallen Aircraft LLC, said he has it masked and ready to paint the black accent stripe. I need to name her, I’m starting to like Purple Haze. I can legally get high in my Purple Haze. Tomorrow I should be able to post photos with the Fuselage paint complete.
AV8R Paul
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Post by Clark in AZ »

Beautiful!!!!
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
av8rps
Veteran Member

Post by av8rps »

Paul, that is gonna be one mega kickass Super STOL! And that color combination is almost as good as that name you chose.. :D
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

I just received a Text from Chris Wallen concerning my SuperSTOL, he's finished the Fuselage. I asked him what he thought of the Paint Scheme & Colors. He responded, "Lol. I like the colors a lot. Going to look badass all put together and in the sun!" What do you think? I personally am please I decided the spend the money to have him help with the build of my plane. My paint would have never looked that good! I'm good with a wrench, and doing fiberglass work, but when it comes to paint, I can't stand doing it!! The Color is Plum Crazy Purple, it was used on 1971 Cuda with a 440 Six Pack. A young lady I knew in high school had one, and I really liked the color. She wasn't hard on the eyes either.
AV8R Paul
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

I’m guessing Chris Wallen, Wallen Aircraft LLC is one busy man. Here is a photo with the landing gear mounted, he lowered the nitrogen pressure, so it would be a little lower to work on.
FD297725-35F2-4058-8B77-70BC1C284255.jpeg
He installed the Horizontal Stabilizers as well. The last time I saw them installed they hadn’t been covered, and it was hard to visualize if the airfoil shape on the Vertical Stabilizer would interfere with the Horizontal Stabilizers. Now to get the paint Scheme for the Horizontal Stabilizer and the Elevators, either all Purple, or with the same paint scheme as the wings, any recommendations?
All purple will add weight, the same paint scheme as the Wings will minimize the weight gain.
FFB502F9-F6EC-436A-AB82-7BA43F6AE17D.jpeg
CB366A22-A7FA-4250-973D-79A3DB3436FE.jpeg
Last edited by AV8R Paul on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AV8R Paul
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Post by Clark in AZ »

Hey Paul, looks like an airplane! Yes, I'd replicate the wing paint on the horizontal stab. or at least a close variation of it. Looks great!

Clark
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

That is what I was thinking. I asked Chris to tape off the scheme so I could visualize it. All in all, I am really pleased I’m using Chris Wallen, of Wallen Aircraft LLC for the Builders Assist. The only issue with using Wallen Aircraft LLC is the 1200 or so mile drive to go Assist. Thank goodness I’m now doing stock investing to make a living.
I got to do my flying tail, Carbon Fiber instrument panel, Carbon Fiber floor boards, & Oratex, and he’s doing the paint. I would have had to subcontract the paint out, because Garland is very strict on painting, and my paint job would have looked like the painter was drunk and using rattle can paint to do the paint. It is one thing I have absolutely zero skill at, and I hate painting with a firm passion.
Clark in AZ wrote:Hey Paul, looks like an airplane! Yes, I'd replicate the wing paint on the horizontal stab. or at least a close variation of it. Looks great!

Clark
AV8R Paul

Return to “Just Aircraft”