Trailer

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
DeanBrister

Trailer

Post by DeanBrister »

Can anyone help with recommendations on inclosed trailer for a Super STOL. Size, brand, dealer etc.
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Re: Trailer

Post by Clark in AZ »

Well, I don't know if this helps but Just Aircraft recommended a guy (Mark Sorenson) out of GA. He has done several trailers for SuperSTOL's including Steve Henry's. Long story short, I contacted him via email and we discussed options through several emails and when it came to quoting a price, never heard back. I've sent at least four emails over two months time and nothing, no response.

BTW, I discussed this with the factory when I was there picking up my kit, they were surprised that he hadn't gotten back with me. This is the guy they use and still recommend. Anyway, maybe you'll have better luck? Here is his contact info.

Mark Sorenson
Arising Aircraft Trailers
CaptainSorenson@hotmail.com
770-765-3596
678-463-5944

Good luck! Let us know if you get a response and better yet, a trailer...

Clark

I forgot to add, he sent me a brochure too...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
mnwinger
Forum Regular

Post by mnwinger »

I bought a trailer from Mark last year for the Wild West Highlander that I'm building. Very nice trailer. Around $10K after adding all of the options (2 side doors, extra wide, winch for rear door, exterior lights, radial tires, spare tire, etc).

Matt
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

I have that same pamplet with a different name for the supplier.

The first brochure is from a few years ago. Custom Aircraft Trailers 678-463-5944

The Second Brochure is the one just posted. Arising Custom Aircraft Trailers 770-765-3596

Other than a change in Company Manufacturing it is even the same price.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
mnwinger
Forum Regular

Post by mnwinger »

You will have to get the extra wide trailer for the SuperSTOL. I needed to for my Highlander because I am installing leading edge cuffs on the wings which makes it slightly wider when folded.

Matt
DeanBrister

Post by DeanBrister »

Thanks for your help. Mark was very helpful and responded very promptly. Trailer is ordered and everyone’s responses appreciated.
Thank
danerazz
Veteran Member

Post by danerazz »

How does everybody deal with the generally 102” width limit in most states if they get the extra wide trailer? Just curious.
Dane

Paralysis by analysis
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

DeanBrister

Did you order the 102 inch or the 108" wide trailer. I believe to haul a SuperSTOL you need the 108" wide trailer. I am cogitating hauling my plane from Texas to Alaska to go do some flying up there. I am not up to sitting in a Plane for 4 days 10 hours a day to go from Texas to Alaska. Since I have a Basic Med Medical and Canada does not honor Basic Med for someone to fly in Canada. So is effectively the only way I can get there. I was contemplating a Flat Bed Trailer but an Enclosed trailer would be much better for the plane.
DeanBrister wrote:Thanks for your help. Mark was very helpful and responded very promptly. Trailer is ordered and everyone’s responses appreciated.
Thank
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
kenryan
Veteran Member

Post by kenryan »

danerazz wrote:How does everybody deal with the generally 102” width limit in most states if they get the extra wide trailer? Just curious.
I would also like to know.
Super Stol Kit #299
mnwinger
Forum Regular

Post by mnwinger »

Mine is licensed as a regular trailer. To haul legally, you need to get an oversize permit for the state you are towing in. I've heard of people towing through Canada to Alaska without the permits but you would risk fines.

Matt
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Post by Clark in AZ »

I suspect everyone with these trailers will ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

Clark
Cave Creek, AZ
mnwinger
Forum Regular

Post by mnwinger »

They certainly do not stick out as a "Wide Load".

Matt
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Post by Clark in AZ »

mnwinger wrote:They certainly do not stick out as a "Wide Load".

Matt
I agree, I was looking at Steve Henry's trailer at the Just factory when I was there. It is a big trailer but I wouldn't necessarily think it was a wide load just looking at it.

Clark
Cave Creek, AZ

Return to “Just Aircraft”