We've been working hard on a free Digital Builder's Logbook,

Got Plane on the Brain? Grab a 'cold drink' and converse about anything concerning aviation. Opinions, interests, questions. Join the group and talk about it here.
**NO TECHNICAL DISCUSSIONS HERE, PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE TECH FORUM**
willgoldstein

We've been working hard on a free Digital Builder's Logbook,

Post by willgoldstein »

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum (though not EAA) and I wanted to let everyone know of a cool new FREE Digital Builder Log we made.

Key features include:
  1. Create a construction logbook where each entry you can track: Hours you spent/budgeted, $ you budgeted, the Category (wings, engine, etc), Work Description, and Date. Upload unlimited images per entry
  2. Create expense line items for each construction log entry where you can track: Quantity, Cost, Tax, Shipping, Total Costs, Category, Units, Vendor, Notes, Item Name, and Upload unlimited images per line item.
  3. Share with unlimited users and grant them read only/read-edit-write/and full permissions
  4. Download all of your data to Excel
  5. Public facing side for you to optionally share your progress with friends without their needing to log in
  6. API access to retrieve your data and store/display it however and wherever you please
  7. Coming soon: Cool graphs/reports of how you're progression is going
We take customer feedback very seriously and it's the main reason we are where we are. This was launched earlier this week, and already we added the publicly facing sharing and API because someone wanted it. We can't necessarily do everything, but my goal is to build the best damn builder log possible, and the only way to do that is to listen to all of you. Oh, and I also want to keep it free forever! It's our way of giving back and trying to improve GA.

So, I encourage you to give it a try!

You can learn more here, and you can sign up here.

Thanks!

Will
planecrazzzy
Site Admin

Re: We've been working hard on a free Digital Builder's Logb

Post by planecrazzzy »

Yeah... Why do a FREE log here when you could PAY these guys...?
I went to their site... They are saying free... But I saw PRICES...
I saw HIGH prices.
I think they need a better link..
I'll give time for them to reply... Otherwise this seems like False advertising.
Which means I'll delete the post.

So... If you quit paying , Your building log is gone ?

Hmmm, I had a log that disappeared in Geocities....
I spent a lot of time making it from building my first plane.
Since then, I've kept my new log here.
Gotta Fly...
JAM
viewforum.php?f=320
Sometimes you just have to take the leap
and build your wings on the way down...
                Gotta Fly...
willgoldstein

Re: We've been working hard on a free Digital Builder's Logb

Post by willgoldstein »

No, it's truly free. No false advertising. I think you misread?

If you follow the link I provided to sign up, put in your email and click begin, you will immediately see the Builder option on the left (see image "Free Builder Log Option" attached). Once you click "Learn More," you will see, very clearly, that it is "Free Forever" and that you never provide a credit card to sign up (see second image "Free FOREVER") - so there is no way to even get charged, ever.

The only time you pay for anything is if you want to use our site for making proper, digital Maintenance Records AFTER your plane is built and flying. Maintenance records are way different, require way more complexity, and cost us a lot in terms of development, so naturally we charge for a DIFFERENT service. The builder log is, indeed, free forever with no pressure to upgrade to the Maintenance Record (paid) platform in order to retain access to your data. Plus there is an API that lets you download everything. And you can download to excel if you prefer that method.

Source: Will Goldstein, Co-Founder.

Remove it if you don't believe me - I'm just trying to help the builder community.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hangar Flying”