new coyote owner

Montana Eagle
akavidflyer

new coyote owner

Post by akavidflyer »

Howdy,
I just made a deal to save a coyote from the scrap pile. It does not have an engine mount. I have an 0290 to hang on it and I am told this is what was on this plane originally. Does anyone have a engine mount, or a drawing that I could make one off of? Even some pictures of the mount and some measurements would be great. I just completed building jigs for the Avid Flyer to put a 912 on it using the rotax ring type mount and built the first mount to head out the door to a buddy so I am not intimidated by making my own mount.

I am really looking forward to picking up this bird on the 2nd when I get home and getting to work on it right away to see how quickly I can get it in the air. Shouldn't take more than a couple months as I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and devote my time off to working on what ever project has my interest at the time.

I have read the posts where guys have put the D&E wings on it. Is it really worth the trouble to build and fit them to the plane? If so, what size fits the bird best?

Landing gear... It looks kind of out of place to me swept forward the way it is. I think a more traditional "cub" gear would look better on it. Has anyone had any issue with the stock gear?

I know I am full of questions, but I would really like to get things lined out and a plan in place before I get home so I can have the fedex man deliver parts and pieces to the house before I get there.

Leni
Leonard Perry
Avid "C" HH
Full Lotus 1450
Avid Amphibian
Montana Coyote
akavidflyer

Re: new coyote owner

Post by akavidflyer »

one other thing. What weight covering and how many yards do I need for the fuse and tail feathers?
Thanks
Leonard Perry
Avid "C" HH
Full Lotus 1450
Avid Amphibian
Montana Coyote
Alberta Re-Eagle

Re: new coyote owner

Post by Alberta Re-Eagle »

Hey Good on you for the rescue, I needed an engine mount for my Mountain Eagle and was able to borrow a jig/fixture from 'Mountain Eagle' David. I'll get it back to him right away so if it works for the coyote maybe you could do the same if you haven't already built one. Its been a while since I've been on the forum so I'm not in the loop. Hopefully you can get some pictures up as well.
Time & money, if you have one, the other eludes you

Return to “Montana Coyote”