Carbon Cobra composite flying wing

Anything NOT related to aviation posted here. Keep this area clean and civil.
** NO TECHNICAL DISCUSSIONS HERE, PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE TECH FORUM **
Dave G
Forum Regular

Post by Dave G »

This is a pic from early on in test (try not to kill the plane)flights. Its fun going from means to extremes with rc airplanes. keeps you on your toes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave G
Forum Regular

Post by Dave G »

And another pic. This is me and Rocket. He cant sit in an experimental but he enjoys watching(chasing) my rc planes.

Dave Gherardini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave G
Forum Regular

Post by Dave G »

This is where i started. this is the proff of concept plane pic. Its a built up from balsa and carbon rods and sheeted with balsa. Bottom had a layer of 2oz glass.
Dave G
Forum Regular

Post by Dave G »

heres a pic of the begining.
Dave G
Forum Regular

Post by Dave G »

and another build pic
Dave G
Forum Regular

Post by Dave G »

progress
Dave G
Forum Regular

Post by Dave G »

sheeted
Dave G
Forum Regular

videos

Post by Dave G »

Ive uploaded a couple small vids of some high speed passes. these were with a 3Kkv/rpm brushlessDD on 10 cells. all the videos are under 1meg

http://www.dgmodels.rchomepage.com/CarbonCobra38.AVI

http://www.dgmodels.rchomepage.com/CarbonCobra532.AVI

if the links dont highlite copy and paste them and right clic and save target as.
Dave G
Forum Regular

another one

Post by Dave G »

heres a pass on 11cells., motor about 30k rpm. still flys around on rails. My new elevons are tapered from .045" to .010" at the TE.

dgmodels.rchompage.com/Carbon Cobra 11 honkin.AVI

heres a pic of another version with twin motors. This was a different type approach to go faster. So far it has been expensive to say the least. Im havin fun though!!!

Return to “Off Topic Discussions”