Just started building the vp2

For general discussion of the Evans family of aircraft.
Includes: Volksplane VP-1 and Volksplane VP-2
b1rd

Just started building the vp2

Post by b1rd »

Hello out.. there anyone building the Evans vp would like to hear from ya.
my new page is under contruction but i got a couple of pics up if you want view and also my shop  i call it  aircraft stinky works airplane factory. the wife poked her head into the door shop one day and  asked what stinks honey..? so it stayed.. :lol:  :lol:  :roll:  :roll:

http://websites.expercraft.com/crwegl

Sam/b1rd
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

Sam,

How's the VP coming?
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
Bill Friend

Post by Bill Friend »

Hi Sam,

My name is Bill and I'm also new on this site. I'm retired and now have the time to Build. For various reasions I've chosen the VP-2. But I've got a problem.....I can't find a vendor to sell me the plans!!  Evans doesn't have them on their web site, only the VP-1. They give no contact information and I've searched the yellow and white pages and can't even get their telephone number.  I've e-mailed the major vendors and received no response.

I've printed out the VP-2 plans found on this site, but can't believe they are complete. I want a complete "Legal" set.  Where did you get yours? Can you steer me in the right direction?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

I got my set at an estate sale.  The plans are a little hard to find.  You can sometimes find them for sale on ebay and sites like this one.

Some people recommend that you just buy a set of VP-1 plans and use the VP-2 plans to build your plane.  I can't recommend this because it is not what the designer intended.

The plans on the site are complete but not legal legal for building your plane.  They help my by having access to a set that is not many years old.  The original set I bought has some damage and yellowing.
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
b1rd

Re: Just started building the vp2

Post by b1rd »

Hi
I got new updated pics on web site if you want to check out.
http://websites.expercraft.com/sam_crwegl1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Evans Volksplane”