My Volksplane VP-2

For general discussion of the Evans family of aircraft.
Includes: Volksplane VP-1 and Volksplane VP-2
Sean_Caranna
Founder

My Volksplane VP-2

Post by Sean_Caranna »

Well, there's not very much to it right now. I've built the workbench / jig and that's about it. I'm on the road for work quite a bit lately and hotel owners do not like guest making sawdust in the rooms. But this fall and winter I'm putting this project into high gear.

It will have a full canopy and streamlined turtledeck. Powered with a Corvair engine. I also plan to equip it for night flying with lights and instruments.

The online build log is at www.wingsforum.com/aircraft/

Sean Caranna
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
Johnny luvs Biplanes
Forum Regular

Post by Johnny luvs Biplanes »

Hey Sean
That's a nice little site to log your project build.
I was thinking about doing something myself for my Flitzer Falke project.
How much web space would you estimate YOU will need to log the build?
Cheers
John
Go love a biplane today :)
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

John,

Glad you said something about my project pages. I had some serious html formating problems and missing pictures on those pages from moving them from the old server.

Fixed most of them but I do not have the pictures I need on my laptop.

When I get home I'm going to be starting the fuselage and I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

Sean C.
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Changed Project to KR2S

Post by Sean_Caranna »

Well, after putting my fiance and myself in a plywood cockpit mockup it was obvious that the VP2 was not the ticket for the two of us.  The standard KR2S is tight as well but its design is more easily modified for a wide body.  It will have a 44" wide cockpit at the shoulder.  

The KR fuselage is coming along and you can see my progress at at: http://wingsforum.com/aircraft/

I'm still planning on the Corvair engine but the Twin Cam Harley engine may be an option.  I have a good bit of experience with the Harley "Fat Head" engine and it should give me a weight advantage over the Corvair.  The harder part to swallow is that the Harley engine will cost me about $1500-$2000 more than the Corvair when the entire firewall forward installation is considered.
Bill Friend

Post by Bill Friend »

Hi Sean,

I would like to build a VP-2, but am unable to get a set of plans I have confidence in. I contacted Aircraft Spruce (Evans' agent) for the plans. They contacted Evans, who told them that they have not sold the plans for over 10 years and that if I want to build a VP-2, I would have to get the plans from another builder.  There is a set of plans available on this website.  Do you know if they are the true, complete, original plans, or just an example of the plans?
To be honest, they are hard to interperate with very few views that put the details into context.

Thanks for any help you can give...I want to start building!

Bill

Return to “Evans Volksplane”