Buttercup seats

trackwelder
Forum Regular

Buttercup seats

Post by trackwelder »

Finished building Buttercup seats, instead of flat strap I used zigzag spring
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trackwelder
Forum Regular

Re: Buttercup seats

Post by trackwelder »

I am sure there are lighter seats , the frames come out at 6.4 lbs, guessing the upholstery will bring them over 10 lbs a piece it will depend on which I use the Leather or the Ballistic cloth. Since I figure on this being the only interior I have in the plane I would like to have something nice.
trackwelder
Forum Regular

Post by trackwelder »

Finally finished seats, I made a few modifications to allow them to tilt and adjust easier, Covered in leather. 13 lbs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trackwelder
Forum Regular

Post by trackwelder »

More pictures
trackwelder
Forum Regular

Post by trackwelder »

still trying to get the picture straight, okay I give up I can't figure out how to get the picture to stay upright, I was running low on the color of leather that I was using, I haven't done a padded seat more complicated than a Motorcycle in years so I have to try and match or contrast the leather in order to add some pockets to the rear. this was much simpler than the seat that earl had in his plans, I will try and cover them next but I will have trouble with beating the weight unless I switch to cloth, I will try and draw up plans for the frame in case anyone wants to copy these.

Return to “Eric's Buttercup Project”