TITAN T51 MUSTANG Landing Gear and Electrical Supply

Use this forum to discuss in-depth electrical performance, design, options, and installation.
acwltd

TITAN T51 MUSTANG Landing Gear and Electrical Supply

Post by acwltd »

I have installed the Avionics and Electrical wiring circuits in six Titan T51 Mustangs now.  This is a very nice aircraft but the supplied circuit diagrams from Titan for the landing gear system in particular is not good.  The original Titan T51 circuit did not positively indicate each gear leg as it was retracted or extended, and it had high current wiring running to the microswitches at each gear leg and back to the pump cct. This results in a high voltage drop across the long high current circuit, causing higher than normal current loads with a slow and laboured pump operation.  I have redesigned the circuits which do give positive indication of each gear leg with a very short high current circuit resulting in a faster retract and extend time.  Additionally there are some safety concerns with the types of hydralic fluids used, which could also mean higher than normal pump pressures and laboured pump operation.  If you are interested in this topic and would like to know more please get in touch with me at the following e-mail address.  avionicscanterbury@clear.net.nz
David Harnett
Avionics Technician
Avionics Canterbury Wide Ltd

Return to “Electrical Wiring”