Hello from Oregon

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
EscapadeLarry0031

Hello from Oregon

Post by EscapadeLarry0031 »

OK so I just got registered here. A couple weeks ago I bought an already constructed (2004) Just Escapade serial 0031 (hence my user name) with a mere 7.7 hours on the EMS from Grand Rapids. So I've got to fly off the remainder of my 40 hours in it. I bought it cause it's a light sport (oh yeah, I also got to buy the nice hanger it was in :D ) and I'm at that point in my flying life (72 yrs) where getting a medical was just too much trouble and too expensive But I'm pretty healthy. I also cycle. Anyway I saw where there appears to be a pretty good section here on Just aircraft. I have a lot of testing to do with this bird including compiling a POH which I've never done before. It seems a little out of rig (heavy left wing and also requires a good foot on the right rudder even when flying at cruise). And the altimeter is haywire and it doesn't have a radio. Other than that it's a nice bird! And those are all minor problems, well except maybe the rigging, I don't know about that yet. I also own a Cessna 150C straight tail but can't fly it right now without a medical (hoping for the Pilots Bill of Rights 2 to become law!). I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon and am retired from law enforcement/corrections. Have a commercial license but took a 38 year absence from flying and just started again in 2012 so only have 400+ hours. That's it. Glad to be here with other owners/builders of homebuilts!
Larry

Return to “Introductions”