New Buttercup builder in Ohio

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
aerohio

New Buttercup builder in Ohio

Post by aerohio »

Hello Wings Forum,

I'm a Buttercup plans owner getting my garage ready to begin building. I'm a low time Ultralight pilot whose flying club is now defunct. I've decided on the Buttercup because I want to build from plans and I want an airplane with the speed range (50 - 130 MPH) and performance (~500 lbs. useful load) that the Buttercup offers. Right now I have few to none of the skills needed to build it but one thing that learning to fly taught me is that I'm capable of learning new things that seem difficult or out of my comfort range. I'm looking forward to getting to know other builders & flyers and hopefully will benefit from their experience. - Gerald
planecrazzzy
Site Admin

Re: New Buttercup builder in Ohio

Post by planecrazzzy »

Greetings.... Good to see another BC Builder...

We have some Building log sections in the "Wittman" topic...

After I posted so much in the Wittman forum , it was better to

separate it into a building log.... and since then, I've sectioned

out logs for other people... It's a nice format to log progress and pictures...

and I make the user "Moderator" of it , then they have full control for editing...

My project has been on hold for a while during my "move" to a different location "North"

We also have a Buttercup/STOL forum... with a lot of good folks , full of great information

both in engineering.... and Wittman aircraft...

We have a file there that'll help you get around some "Print Mistakes"....
Hope to see you there... Here's the address:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Buttercup-STOL/info
Gotta Fly...
Mike & "Jaz" the Flying Dogz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sometimes you just have to take the leap
and build your wings on the way down...
                Gotta Fly...
aerohio

Post by aerohio »

Hello Mike,
Thanks for the welcome. I've been following your progress both here and on the ButtercupSTOL site for a while now and really appreciate the sharing of information. Since I have a set of plans and have made the decision that this is what I really want to build, I figured its time to stop being a "lurker" and start getting active on the forums. As soon as I get my garage together (wiring, insulation, heat, shop tables, a few more tools, etc) I will start posting pictures and updates. I'm hoping that will be before the end of March. This will be a slow build because I'm still raising kids (2 teenage girls at home, older boy in college) and working more than full time, self employed. But better a slow build than no build! Here's to a happy and productive New Year - Gerald
planecrazzzy
Site Admin

Post by planecrazzzy »

Basically, It's a "Hobby".... Life happens , and the project takes a back seat...

My first plane was interrupted by moving ...

But things got squared away.... and the build continued....

Then I found out later... after Flying for a year... and working out some bugs...

I missed the building process... and I'm back at it...
It's a fun hobby... Gives me a reason to get up in the morning...

Gotta Fly...
Sometimes you just have to take the leap
and build your wings on the way down...
                Gotta Fly...

Return to “Introductions”