Hello from PA

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
PennCoalMiner

Hello from PA

Post by PennCoalMiner »

Hello and Good afternoon..

Names Brian From sw/PA right on the WvA/PA border.. Coal mining idiot who just caught the " i'm going to start flying " bug. I'm a roof bolter by trade
and father of 2 boys 5 and 9 who are just as excited as i am.. So i sold the Harley,Quads and whatever else i can find to pull off a highlander.. My Mother and father were both once residents of Alaska and have 100000 stories of flying there.( i was born in Anchorage ). I'm basically the only one WITHOUT a pilots license of some sort in my family Growing up around piper cubs and my cousins Cessna 180.. So i thought what the hell.. I contacted an instructor and am now in the process of getting my SPL..

I absolutely love the highlander...From the design to performance.. I have been looking at the viking engines for them as i see rotax seems to have quite a grip on the lsa engine market. (being an ex-Honda Dealership mechanic helped with choice as well ) As they are based off a Honda engine..Though im still waiting for horror stories about them.

I hope to meet as many people from here as i can and find somewhere to get one built. Im looking for function over fashion.. I figure i will keep upgrading once i get the thing off the ground. Would be sweet to find one used ( highly rare from what i gather )

Thanks for your time and consideration. Look forward to meeting everyone!
levyland
Veteran Member

Re: Hello from PA

Post by levyland »

Gidday Brian, and welcome to the group from New Zealand

Cheers,

John

Return to “Introductions”