Bob Taylor from Wadsworth, Ohio

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
xlhbob

Bob Taylor from Wadsworth, Ohio

Post by xlhbob »

Just found this forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Bob Taylor from Wadsworth, Ohio, which is just west of Akron and 35mi. south of Cleveland.
I am a Mechanical Engineer by education, and have worked in the power and construction industries. My latest position was as Municipal Engineer in a small city near here. I'm currently between positions so have some time on my hands. I have a wonderful wife who works and three sons, one in college.
I've been interested in aircraft for many years. So far, I've only been able to satisfy my interest through radio-controlled models which have been getting bigger and bigger over time. I have, however, just finished my Private Pilot training and got my ticket earlier this month. I've got about 20 hours PIC time since.
So I've decided that it is time to have a plane of my own. Knowing that I can't afford to purchase/maintain/hangar a certificated airplane, I've decided to build one of my own. I purchased Plans and instructions to build a TigerCub Ultralight from Johnston Aviation. It is constructed of aluminum tubing with gussetted and riveted joints. Looking forward to getting started.
I'm hoping to learn from this forum and maybe steer clear of poor decisions as I go along. Please bear with me as I'm sure I will ask some silly questions. Thanks.

Return to “Introductions”