Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
cash57

Post by cash57 »

I'm new to the Wings Forum, and just found out about Steve Wittman. To say that I'm in awe is an understatement. Mike (planecrazzzy) your welds are a work of art. Thank you so much for the detail posts, I have studied them at length.

I'm from Raleigh NC, and I work for an insurance company as a computer programmer. We own a farm with a small vineyard (four acres) close to Raleigh. I have a private pilots license and an A&P license which I got 30 years ago, but I could only afford to work as a mechanic for a year and a half; children and wife were a higher priority.

Charles Cash
Canberra Man

Re: New Member

Post by Canberra Man »

Hi.
Ken Garner here. A varied history. Called up for National Service in 1948, Royal Artillery Ack Ack. Being a glutton for punishment, three months after demob, I was in the RAF. Trained as electrical fitter and worked on Lincolns and then the Canberra B2, then the B6 which we took to Malaya on a six month detachment. Was thirty years with Air Cadets and received the Cadet Forces Long Service Medal and the Commandants Commendation. Still in aviation, I put time in at the local aviation museum, at present working on a Link Trainer. Also help my wife breeding miniature poodles, we have litter at the moment, will be going to new owners in three weeks time. I will be a young at heart 80 year old in August.

Ken

Return to “Introductions”