New Escapade owner

Welcome to the FORUM. The purpose of this forum is to "formally" introduce yourself to other members. Please tell us about your flying, hobbies, interests, etc. etc.
Bigsweed

New Escapade owner

Post by Bigsweed »

Just stumbled on to your forum. Very informative. I recently purchased a Glastar and flew it about 125 hours this year. Loved it but discovered a cracked crankcase I couldn't afford to have repaired. Also discovered the wing fold operation was too much for me - so I sold it and am getting an Escapade. I live in Northern Cal in Shelter Cove. We have a 3400' strip here (0Q5) with no hangers. Hope to pick up my new Escapade (tail dragger, 912 100 HP) in a week or 2 and will have lots of questions. From your forum I've already decided to relocate my battery to the firewall. I made a spreadsheet for weight & balance and looks like I can pick up 60 to 70# more baggage capacity acording to my figures. Here's a question for you - My Glastar divided the baggage area into 2 sections back to back. Looks to me like that may be a good idea in the Escapade - could possibly be an advantage for CG (different arms=different moments). What do you think?

Thanks, Dan
Sir Real
Seasoned Member

Post by Sir Real »

If you repost this in the Just Aircraft forum You'll get fantastic advice from smart people.
jak
Veteran Member

Post by jak »

Hi,  it say's Escapade on it, but it has Highlander tail serfaces and Escapade doors.  How long are the wings?   Jak

Return to “Introductions”