Any Help Would Make a Dream Come True

Got Plane on the Brain? Grab a 'cold drink' and converse about anything concerning aviation. Opinions, interests, questions. Join the group and talk about it here.
**NO TECHNICAL DISCUSSIONS HERE, PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE TECH FORUM**
NewFlyer132

Any Help Would Make a Dream Come True

Post by NewFlyer132 »

Hey everybody,

I know that this might not be the right way of going about this, but I think when it comes down to it people are generally willing to help.
Pretty much what I am asking is if someone has helped your dream of flying come true in some way, please help me achieve mine.
I am pretty much stuck between a rock and hard place for being able to afford to buy or build an ultralight. I would love to build a volksplane or even just own a
ultralight trike. the problem is i don't make the kind of income to make those dreams happen, so what I am asking for is any help at all, from advice to parts.

Again I know how this sounds but I am running out of options, if you are able to help me I will be sure to in the near future pay it forward.

Thank you
aeromike49

Re: Any Help Would Make a Dream Come True

Post by aeromike49 »

Years ago experimental planes were much different and builders did not have a lot of $$ to spend on the latest designs. People were inerested in getting into the air cheaply as possible. What happened during that time was a lot of people were good at finding used aircraft parts for bargain prices and modifying or making parts and components that they could afford. This is the true spirit of the experimental aircraft that has long since departed the mainstream of "experimental aircraft". I am currently restoring a Stitts aircraft that was built from plans but is very inexpensive to build and fly and can be towed home and fits perfectly into a single car garage. There are several aircraft designs from the 50's, and 60's that do a nice job of getting a person in the air for cheap $$. Forget the Ultralight route as for similar expense you can have a functional lasting aircraft that will be worth something in the future. It may not be fast or pretty but functional and cheap to operate.
Jon Ferguson

Re: Any Help Would Make a Dream Come True

Post by Jon Ferguson »

I feature a number of inexpensive aircraft on my blog. You should check it out.

http://writingsofjon.blogspot.com/

As far as money goes. I know exactly how you feel, fighting my own money battle right now. I will pray for you!

Jon

Return to “Hangar Flying”