I need an Ultralight!

Got Plane on the Brain? Grab a 'cold drink' and converse about anything concerning aviation. Opinions, interests, questions. Join the group and talk about it here.
**NO TECHNICAL DISCUSSIONS HERE, PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE TECH FORUM**
NewFlyer132

I need an Ultralight!

Post by NewFlyer132 »

Hey Guys,

I am completely new to flying, I was wondering if someone could give me some tips and advice on where to start. I am looking into Ultralight due to the fact that there so easy to set up and go, cheap to fly, and I don't need to get a pilots license. I understand training is important and there is no way i am going up in the air without getting the proper training first.

I have looked at all sort and styles of Ultralights, I have even looked at building my own pietenpol. I would love to fly some sort of old style Bi-plane but i understand that might be out of my league for a long time. I am skilled in wood working as well as metal working.

MY biggest problem is money! I'm on a limited budget and I am guessing I am going to have to buy the Ultralight piece by piece. I have no problem buying used and I am guessing thats the only way I am going to be able to buy anything to start.

I live in Burlington, WI so if you know of anybody from the surrounding areas that could help me get started I would love to meet them. Any and all advice and ideas are welcome.

Please help me reach my dream of flight!
Last edited by NewFlyer132 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewFlyer132

Re: I need a Ultralight!

Post by NewFlyer132 »

P.S. I just a saw volksplane and I think that might be the plane for me! where and how much would a Volkswagon engine cost? which one would i have to use? Also I heard a Geo Metro engine could work as well, what do you guys think?

Return to “Hangar Flying”