Can my lawn ornament fly ?

Got Plane on the Brain? Grab a 'cold drink' and converse about anything concerning aviation. Opinions, interests, questions. Join the group and talk about it here.
**NO TECHNICAL DISCUSSIONS HERE, PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE TECH FORUM**
WyomingTom

Can my lawn ornament fly ?

Post by WyomingTom »

Please can someone tell me if there is ANY WAY to have an N number assigned to a two seat Weight Shift Trike.

I suppose this machine like many was never registered with the FAA for an N number and missed the deadline.

This Trike has never flown. The original owner bought it then stuffed into back of his garage. The Hobbs is connected and shows only 4 hours. I'm told he just ran up and down the runway without a wing attached.

Like a lot of you guys, I've wanted to fly since I was a little kid, but life has always managed to get in the way. Now at 56 I think I'd better move fast before I make the final flight off of this world !!

At last I found a machine that even I can afford and I am itching to get some training and fly, but is it really just a lawn ornament ???

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...
rogpoyn

Re: Can my lawn ornament fly ?

Post by rogpoyn »

Yes it can. I will need to be registered as an experimental amature built (EAB) and you may have to jump thru a few FAA hoops but it can be done and be legal. There are some requirements to meet with the FAA but it can be done. Contact me at rogpoyn@yahoo.com and I will get you started. Roger P
roger

Return to “Hangar Flying”