So what's in [i] your [/i] bushpilot crate?

Got Plane on the Brain? Grab a 'cold drink' and converse about anything concerning aviation. Opinions, interests, questions. Join the group and talk about it here.
**NO TECHNICAL DISCUSSIONS HERE, PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE TECH FORUM**
Jersey

So what's in [i] your [/i] bushpilot crate?

Post by Jersey »

Ah, it's finally getting springtime again down here in Godzone!

Planning on a fair bit of bushflying during summer, I'm currently putting together a plastic crate with my essentials for week-end trips into the wilderness.

So far I've included: a kukri (kind of big sturdy knife from Nepal), multi-tool, flashlight & batteries, first aid kit, tent, sleeping bag, tarpaulin, some rope & wire, bug spray, flares, water bottle, toilet paper, chocolate, waterproof matches and .... a bottle of Appleton's finest aged Jamaican rum.  :idea:  :wink:

(The tiedown kit for the plane is extra. Same goes for the chilly bin with the food and wine. Cuttlery, frying pan, espresso maker, cup, plate, spices, sugar & coffee are in my "kitchen" box)

So here's the question:

What goes into your bushpilot crate  :?:  :?:

(Exclude the hunting & fishing gear for the time being, that will go into yet another crate)

Cheers,
Jersey
Touch Heaven ..... Kiss a Pilot!
shorty

Post by shorty »

I tend to keep things simple.
 While it's not exactly a "Bushpilot box". It contains the essentials for survival should I need to set down
away from civilization.
 One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.
Thanx
 Shorty
http://st3gamefarm.com
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Hi Shorty

Thanks for the post.
Interesting choices ....
What are the lipstick and nylons for? Bartering with the natives??   :wink:

Cheers,
Jersey
shorty

Post by shorty »

I think they're to be used in conjunction with the prophylactics.  :shock:

Since my last post.
I took inventory of my box, (down for annual)
and also found a beach umbrella, 1/2 quart 100W, The new Hobbs meter that I'd been hunting for,
a few ball caps, an assortement of sunglasses, a DC powered clamp on oscilating fan, and an empty Heinekin bottle(??) :?
Thanx
 Shorty
http://st3gamefarm.com
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Hi again

Beach umbrella, assorted sunglasses and an oscillating fan?
Shorty, you seem to be more of a beach- then a bush-pilot!   :shock:
Flying in a Hawaii-shirt and flip-flops, ey?   :wink:
There’s a place here on the west-coast of the North-Island of New Zealand that would probably be just right up your alley: it’s called “Ninety Miles Beach”!   8)

I take it that you are now installing the Hobbs and (as part of the annual) replacing the empty Heineken bottle with a six-pack of full ones? To be declared, together with the ½ quart of 100W, as “lubricants”, without doubt? Yeah right, Mate :!:

Enjoy your flying!   :wink:

Return to “Hangar Flying”