Aileron belcrank rubs lower skin

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
BlainS
Seasoned Member

Aileron belcrank rubs lower skin

Post by BlainS »

What am I missing here? Long side up on spar mount, 1/4” spacer, still rubs lower skin. Will add L washer on final assembly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Re: Aileron belcrank rubs lower skin

Post by CanadianSheepHunter »

Don’t forget to install a large area washer between bolt head and the bearing on Bellcrank to prevent Bellcrank falling off if the bearing totally fails. You can confirm this with factory...I figured it out after seeing pics online from others I think(been a year since I was doing that part of the build). I have aprox 1/8” Clearance where you say you have it rubbing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

Here’s my right wing, same aprox 1/8” Clearance...maybe you used too long a bolt or your Bellcrank arm is bent?
BlainS
Seasoned Member

Post by BlainS »

The large washer won’t change the clearance so I didn’t put one on yet. Today I added the 2nd 1/4” spacer and got sufficient clearance but factory only calls out for one. Guess I’ll ask factory.

How about the aft grommet size? The forward calls for 1 1/16” because of the bellcrank sweep. Yet the aft stays 5/16”? Seems it has the same sweep the forward arm does. Thinking it should be 3/4”.
CanadianSheepHunter
Veteran Member

The large washer I mentioned and you’ll see in my Pics was only to make you aware that installing it is not in the instructions or drawings yet(they are working on adding stuff like that). Yes it’s always best to confirm with factory. The grommets was another that I called them about.

If you search my thread on here called “Superstol Wing Cables/Plastic Bushings / Cable Bushings” there is lots of pics(of each rib with explanations) etc.

Return to “Just Aircraft”