AOPA Fly-In in Livermore, CA

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
marl59
Seasoned Member

AOPA Fly-In in Livermore, CA

Post by marl59 »

Just wanted to let you guys know that Just Aircraft will be represented at the upcoming AOPA Fly-In's STOL Demonstration on June 21st & 22nd in Livermore, CA. My Friend Bob Simmons will have his red and gray SuperSTOL there and I'll be flying my Highlander, the original Yee Haw from Wild West Aircraft. They'll be 11 or 12 other planes participating. Got a 206, a Staggerwing and a Navion in the mix. Should be fun!
mac
Seasoned Member

Re: AOPA Fly-In in Livermore, CA

Post by mac »

It appears the STOL demo is only Saturday, from Noon to 1:00pm, per the AOPA schedule. Do you know that to be the case? Will the SuperSTOL and Highlander be on display on Friday? I'm taking my almost finished SuperSTOL to the Nevada County Airport (Grass Valley) on or about July 1. Hopefully flight-worthy shortly thereafter. Probably a good idea to take a last look at a couple of finished airplanes to make sure I haven't missed much!!

BTW, thanks for the heads-up.
Mark M.
N49SS in Phase 2....for good!
marl59
Seasoned Member

Post by marl59 »

The Livermore event went well. Draco stole the show of course but the crowd seemed to love the show and were cheering us all on! We did a Friday evening event at 7:00 and the winds had calmed down some from earlier in the day. The noon Saturday event was interesting with squirrely winds and hi DA. We had to switch take-off/landing direction in the middle of the event. The air boss kept calling the tower for winds. At one point they were calm and about a minute later they were 9 gusting to 17. But everybody did well with the playing the hand we were dealt. Our segment of aviation was getting a lot of interest which is good for all.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Everyone was busy at the event, saw Yehaw and Steve Harvey answering questions

Return to “Just Aircraft”