Dual Header Tanks?

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Dual Header Tanks?

Post by Clark in AZ »

Those of you with dual header tanks, how did you plumb them? Does each tank have its own drain valve, since there is only one mounting plate welded on from the factory? Shut off valves? In line filters? Etc.?

I have two tanks and was planning to have one dedicated to each wing tank. Then "T" them together going to the fuel pump. Love to hear how everyone plumbed their systems? Pics would be great!

Thanks,
Clark
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
gkremers
Veteran Member

Re: Dual Header Tanks?

Post by gkremers »

Clark,
Not sure how much the pics will help but it's pretty straight forward. I mounted a small piece of aluminum plate (.080) on the left side of the lower fuselage to mirror the right side for a Curtis drain under the other header tank. Each wing is plumbed to it's own header tank. They both run to the Andair Fuel selector. From there it runs from the fuel selector to the Facet pump, aluminum tube to the red cube (fuel flow) and then aluminum tube to the upper left side of the firewall where I have a fuel manifold mounted.
IMG_1407.jpg
IMG_1038.jpg
IMG_1114.jpg
IMG_1232.jpg
Gary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Re: Dual Header Tanks?

Post by Clark in AZ »

That's awesome Gary, thanks for posting and for the pics. Very helpful...

Clark
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ

Return to “Just Aircraft”