Superstol xl with O-320

For general discussion of the Just Aircraft family of aircraft.
Includes: Highlander, Escapade, Summit and SuperSTOL.
ls6pj

Superstol xl with O-320

Post by ls6pj »

Hi everybody,
New on the forum and waiting for the kit to arrive. I was minding my business flying the glasair 3 that i built 5 years ago when somebody gave me an O-320 and prop with 450 hrs on it.
What to do.....
there must be builders with the same engine on the superstol and i would like to hear from you to listen to all the tips you may want to share. Looking forward to do some building again, i’d like the aircraft to be as close to perfection as i can.
Thanks and greetings from the south of France.

Paul janssens
Superstol xl
PH-LPJ
Vinon sur verdon
Paul Janssens
Superstol
PH-LPJ

vinon sur verdon
France
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Re: Superstol xl with O-320

Post by Clark in AZ »

Welcome! I can't help with the O-320 but look forward to your build. Please post lots of pictures. I too am waiting on my regular SuperSTOL kit. Supposed to pick it up in a few weeks.

Clark
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

I'm building a SuperSTOL XL with a Titan 180 engine with Wallen Aircraft LLC, we are doing a Builders assist program.

Also, if you haven't added your Names and projects to the Just Aircraft Map, here is the link to the map of owners and builders. You can add it for the Type Of Aircraft you have SuperSTOL or SuperSTOL XL.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 14&t=h&z=5
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
BucF16
Veteran Member

Post by BucF16 »

Welcome Paul J. You have come to the correct place for information On your Superstol XL. As you know the XL was designed for the heaver engines. I think UL Power's 390IS was one of the first used. Then came the Triton OX340. That seems to be the choice these days for the XL. BUT since you already have a free engine, that weighs about the same as these I have listed, go right ahead and put it on. I have not heard of anyone using a stock Lycoming on a Superstol or SS XL. I have heard of a couple of builders using Continental O-200s on Highlanders. If you use the search function on Page 1 (near top Left) you will find references to those builds.

Do not hesitate asking question here. Everyone is quite helpful.

Again Welcome!

Bruce
Bruce Johnson Highlander # 393
"Because I fly, I envy no man on Earth"
Builder web site:
http://www.bruceshighlander.blogspot.com
ls6pj

Post by ls6pj »

Thanks, and we're on the map
Paul Janssens
Superstol
PH-LPJ

vinon sur verdon
France
AV8R Paul
Veteran Member

Post by AV8R Paul »

Congratulations on ordering your kit & getting an O320 at a really good deal. I’m kind of envious, my Titan was kind of expensive. The deal on the O320 will open the door for a lot of other parts that will be needed. I’ll have to look for you on the map.
AV8R Paul
Certified Light Sport Repairman LSRM-A
ls6pj

Post by ls6pj »

Yippeee ! Kit arrived and the ailerons and flaps are finished. Happy with the quality of the kit but we redid the cad plating on all the brackets. But that manual..........and the drawings could do with some corrections as well. But overall Id recommend buying one without a doubt.
Paul Janssens
Superstol
PH-LPJ

vinon sur verdon
France
Heliojoe

Post by Heliojoe »

Went to the map...how do you add your name and location?????
AV8R Paul wrote:I'm building a SuperSTOL XL with a Titan 180 engine with Wallen Aircraft LLC, we are doing a Builders assist program.

Also, if you haven't added your Names and projects to the Just Aircraft Map, here is the link to the map of owners and builders. You can add it for the Type Of Aircraft you have SuperSTOL or SuperSTOL XL.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 14&t=h&z=5
SheepdogRD
Proprietor

Post by SheepdogRD »

Heliojoe wrote:Went to the map...how do you add your name and location?????
Zoom in as far as possible to the location you want shown on the map. You'll see the Search bar and a row of symbols beneath it:
Builder Map Toolbar.JPG
Move your mouse to the one that looks like a map pin (just to the right of the hand symbol), and it'll pop up an identifier: "Add marker". Click on that pin symbol, move the mouse to the place where you want your marker, and click. Then add the information you want shown.

You can go back and edit it at any time; just click on your marker or on your listing.

Welcome aboard!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard Holtz
Highlander N570L -- Ms. Tonka -- in gestation

If just enough is really good, then too much ought to be perfect.

Return to “Just Aircraft”