Wings Forum 2.0 - What would you like?

Anything NOT related to aviation posted here. Keep this area clean and civil.
** NO TECHNICAL DISCUSSIONS HERE, PLEASE POST IN THE APPROPRIATE TECH FORUM **
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Wings Forum 2.0 - What would you like?

Post by Sean_Caranna »

I'm starting work on a full site redesign.  I'll be evaluating all of the available forum software products out there as well as a cleaner layout for the forum.
It's obvious that dealing with spammers is a time consuming endeavor.  A HARDY thanks to PlaneCrazzzy and the topic moderators for helping keep the spam under control.  I hope that the upgrade will make their time here more focused on aviation and less on management of the site.

Any ideas you have for improvements would be appreciated!  I want to make sure Wings Forum remains a relevant resource for anyone interested in experimental and light sport aviation.
The redesign is in its initial stages so now it the time for comment.  The launch date for the improved site is TBD based on the improvements required.

Some topics to think of:
Features
Layout
Topics to Add
Topics to Consolidate
Moderator Nominations
You get the idea...
Last edited by Sean_Caranna on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES
Veteran Member

Post by Dave Krall CFII SEL SES »

Seems to be working real well the way it is. Thanks for the site!

When you're in Seattle let me know & I'll treat you to a flight through the mountains and over to the islands for lunch or something if you like.
scubarider
Veteran Member

yes

Post by scubarider »

I agree, the site right now seems to be working very well.  I would not mind ads being posted pertaining to aircraft/pilots only.  It is nice to see some "new" gizmos.  I appreciate all the work you do.  If it were not for this site I would be in a pickle building my plane.  Everyone is great to respond with help.
Thanks!
:D
Dennis
Living life on the edge makes me dizzy.  I love Dizzy!
planecrazzzy
Site Admin

New site

Post by planecrazzzy »

What "I" would like to see is "approved registration" ....That way the spam could be controled.....

If their "let in" and they spread there wares....they can be "booted" out and blocked....

We get several spammers that return to junk up the place...

Otherwise , I can't wait to start my next plane and post my progress ( Tailwind )

Gotta Fly...
                                                                Mike & "Jaz" in MN   ( Jaz sez "Bark" )
Sometimes you just have to take the leap
and build your wings on the way down...
                Gotta Fly...
b1x4nqb
Veteran Member

Daily digest

Post by b1x4nqb »

I'd like a daily digest (all of the topics written to in one e-mail) sent to my e-mail box so I could go to one place and see all the days chat just like any other e-mail.  That would eliminate me having to log to the main Wings forum, then clicking on the Just Aircraft forum and each time loading.  Would just allow me to get the data faster.  Or at least allow me to log directly into the Just Aircraft forum. :D
KevinC
Veteran Member

great

Post by KevinC »

I think it is great the way it is.  Has been very helpful.

Kevin
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Update

Post by Sean_Caranna »

I'm trying out a new registration process to fight the spammers.  Keep your fingers crossed that it works!

Email digests used to be on the forums but they were driving a lot of bandwidth use.  I could reactivate them if really wanted though.

Unfortunately the site barely makes enough off the ads to cover hosting.  I'd love to limit the ads a bit more but the $8.00 per month that they make is a necessary evil.  
I accept donations on the site but nobody donates so the ads are all we've got to keep the bills paid.  
Note that membership will always be free.  Just please check out an ad or two while on the site.
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."

Return to “Off Topic Discussions”