kit costs

For general discussion of the Wag-Aero Group family of aircraft.
Includes: Sport Trainer, Sportsman 2+2, and Wag-A-Bond
iowa

kit costs

Post by iowa »

could someone give me a ball park figure
for the cost of the various kits from wag aero?
thanks
iowa
jd

aircraft kits

Post by jd »

wagabond kit goes for $19,477.80

sportsman 2+2 goes for $29797.09

i got the prices out of wag-aero catalog.
check out www.ragwing.com,they have the vagabond plans for $50.00
jdhogg
jd

wag-aero

Post by jd »

please get a catalog from wag-aero.there prices are a bit steep.i quoted the fuselage price as being completely welded.believe it or not they actually charge more for it being completely welded.in my opinion thats bullshit!i just bought a 1939 j4a for $12500,i just gotta rebuild the engine.theres lotsa j3 and j4 cubs out there complete and flying for around $18000
jdhogg
Brohawk

Re: wag-aero

Post by Brohawk »

jd wrote:please get a catalog from wag-aero.there prices are a bit steep.i quoted the fuselage price as being completely welded.believe it or not they actually charge more for it being completely welded.in my opinion thats bullshit!i just bought a 1939 j4a for $12500,i just gotta rebuild the engine.theres lotsa j3 and j4 cubs out there complete and flying for around $18000
I'm trying to understand this without raising the BS flag.

It's BS that they charge more for a fully welded fuselage, instead of raw tubing or a tack welded fuselage?  Maybe I'm missing your point.  A fully welded fuselage involves more labor.  Why is charging more unreasonable?

Most complete and flying Cubs I've seen start around $40K.  I suspect "lotsa j3 and j4 cubs" for half of that is a tad exaggerated.  Once in a while a person can find a bargain, but I don't think "lotsa" applies.

Return to “Wag-Aero Group”