For technical discussion of ALL Jabiru aircraft engines.
Gary H
Veteran Member

Post by Gary H »

Just a few pictures. Plan on pressure rising the cowl. Straight pipes are on the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Will fly for food!!
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Beautiful plane, Gary and a very neat engine installation.

I choose the same powerplant when I built my "jeep with wings" (have a look under "other airplanes" in this forum, the post is titled "Wild Thing taildragger").

Never liked the Rotax anyway .... too expensive, too heavy, too much pipes an' stuff and I never was happy with that "kraaack" sound of the engine stopping (always sounded like a cylinder seizing up to me!). Have put around 300 hrs. on the Jabiru now and am very happy with the way the engine performs. Installed a little aluminium strip to improve airflow to the two cylinders closest to the firewall, for better cooling, and never had any trouble keeping the temperature in the green.

Cheers,
Jersey
Touch Heaven ..... Kiss a Pilot!
Gary H
Veteran Member

Re: 3300

Post by Gary H »

Just an update on my 3300. With 200 hours on it now, I have had no over heating problems. Just have to get the correct air in and out. Only problem I have had is with the stator
The screws came loose causeing a very loud whinning sound! I was at Johnson Creek at the time so hauled it home until I figured out the problem.
Oil temps have been a little high so am putting in a better oil cooler. Other than the one from jabiru.
Will fly for food!!

Return to “Jabiru Engine Technical Discussions”