154 hp 912-914 series rotax upgrade

For technical discussion of ALL Rotax aircraft engines.
BadAssBushCraft

154 hp 912-914 series rotax upgrade

Post by BadAssBushCraft »

Running the 154 hp Edgeperformance turbo EFI conversion. No more vapor locking or running a mix of avgas in the summer like with carbs. Tuning the EFI is quite easy and the start ups are instant very happy with this build. Running this in my Rans S-6 with a whirl wind 75"stol prop it cruises at 110+ now. With the 100 hp uls my cruise was 90 with 29" bush wheels and the big wing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Clark in AZ
Veteran Member

Re: 154 hp 912-914 series rotax upgrade

Post by Clark in AZ »

Very Interesting! How was the HP determined, dyno? What is the added weight? All up weight? How much? Thanks for posting!
Building SuperSTOL Kit 512
Cave Creek, AZ
BadAssBushCraft

Post by BadAssBushCraft »

The test engine was dynoed and easily made the 154 hp. Weight is a little less than a 914 due to a lighter intake/throttle body assembly compared to the stock carbs. Cost depends on a lot of variables like what motor you are starting with and what style of engine mount do you have? I did a complete custom exhaust in my Rans S6 since it uses a cradle style engine mount. The fuel injection system is 5200 euro which is pretty close to th same as US dollars right now. I can send you complete pricing for everything else if your interested. You can email me at badassjason6@gmail.com

There is lots of these engines running in the European countries now with some over 200 hours. One gyrocopter manufacturer (trixey aviation) is now running this combo and offers a 2 year /500 hr warranty on this motor so they are more confident in it than rotax is. I have 50 hours on mine now in the last month since building it and it's nothing short of awesome!
Little Cricket

Post by Little Cricket »

Old thread. But, I’m wondering if anybody is running this engine? What is the fuel burn? Can you use mogas? Cost?

Return to “Rotax Engine Technical Discussions”