I'm building two "a"planes

For general discussion of the Affordaplane aircraft.
heycow2

Post by heycow2 »

Call me crazy but I'm building two "a"planes. Cost for both is about 1,500 with out covering and paint. I found a new Kaw 440A w/belt drive, 3 blade prop and a partial built (80%) Ultra piet for 1,100 smackers. I'm going to buy a hummel 1/2 V-dub for my second "a" plane. My first is a tail dragger but the 2nd will be a trike. I'm helping a friend that didn't feel comfy with a tail dragger build a trike and does it look great. didn't go with AL gear legs but have 4130 Vee's with bungees. Have had a hard landing in my Kolb Ultrastar and had to replace the gear. Had another engine out landing last week with bungee system and everything A-OK.
rchix

Post by rchix »

I bought my a plane plans last year, and just started gathering materials, but a few pages are missing from my full size drawing binder. How much 2" 6061 square tube do I need? Has anyone made the ribs out of aluminum? are ther plans available for this? I also want to invert the engine, I think I just habe to mount the diagonal support on top instead of on the bottom. Has anyone done this?
Sean_Caranna
Founder

Post by Sean_Caranna »

What's going on with your two Affordaplanes?  Let us know!
"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having."
Bilbobaker

Post by Bilbobaker »

I'm still waiting for my plans.
I've looked at a copy of them and am making an order for materials.
Bill
heycow2

two "a"planes

Post by heycow2 »

Starting the covering process on the taildragger. It's been a long winter and should have had the taildragger flying by now but I can't win them all. Winter is my building months and now will have to share the summer hours with all the summer projects at the ranch. My bud just bought a Legal Eagle today so the race is on to git my "a"plane in the air.

Return to “Affordaplane”